Since most firefighters are just “big kids”, we understand the importance of fire safety information for your family. Please take a moment to visit the websites below with your children.
Top 10 Fire Safety Tips For Kids
- Every home must have a working smoke alarm on each level.
- A grown-up should test all smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Every family should practice a home fire drill at least twice a year.
- Memorize your address and telephone number in case you need to call 911.
- Matches, lighters and barbecue lighters are dangerous – do not ever play with them.
- Only adults should use the stove and barbecue. However, kids can help the adults.
- Space heaters need to be at least one meter away from anything that would burn.
- Candles are for adult use only. Never leave them unattended.
- If fire happens, get out and stay out!
- Stop, drop and roll if your clothing should catch on fire.
Hey kids, check out this cool website related to Fire Safety!